I've posted this article from the Daily Mail below as a warning to the risks diabetics take if they don't take care to manage their diabetes. It's often a problem with diabetics in their teens who feel isolated and want to be part of the crowd and be able to eat when they like, they just want to be the same as any other teenager. However diabetics aren't like normal teens as much as they would like to be and they think, "It won't happen to me that happens to other diabetics!" Diabetes is a serious condition so hopefully this article will raise awareness to the risks of not taking care.
Diabetic, 30, who skipped insulin jabs to lose weight fears she has been left infertile after having to terminate her pregnancy or risk death
- Jeorgia Wood, from Hampshire, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes aged 11
- Needed several insulin injections a day to control her blood sugar levels
- But they caused her to gain 4stone in weight and she began skipping them
- Is now suffering a series of health problems as a result - including infertility
- Also faces going blind, losing a limb and undergoing a pancreas transplant
- Said she wishes she could turn back the clock as being thin 'wasn't worth it'